In clinical terms, bed-wetting is known as Nocturnal Enuresis. Nocturnal is another word for night while Enuresis stands for loss of bladder control. While bed-wetting may not pose a serious health risk, it regularly interferes with one’s self esteem and social status.
- Monitor Fluid Intake: Limit the amount of water/fluids intake late in the evening or at bedtime.
- Set an alarm to wake the person at the same time of every night to go use the bathroom.
- People tend to drink too much to quench thirst. Discourage drinking too much at any time during the day.
- Encourage regular use of toilet throughout the day
- Encourage double-voiding before sleeping off. Void before getting into bed and void just before falling asleep.